Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Concert

I prefer singer/songwriters.  In general.  

In fact, I adore them.  

There are a special few who have the abilities to speak the truths that I long to know.  And one in particular whom I love to hear.

He came to Shelburne and he brought his band.


So I brought my family and this was our view...


Highlights were:

                                     Sitting closely to my Mr.
                                      
                                     Gabi singing loudly to the songs b/c she knows all the words
                                      
                                      Noahs wide eyes at an up close rock n' roll band
                           
                         Free ice cream from Ben and Jerry
                                      
                                     Walking to the concert, from my home, and getting a free poster for doing so!
                                      
                                    Having my relatively new camera be rejected pre entrance, giving it to a guy
                                       named Nick and picking it up, safe and sound, yesterday at higher ground.
Thanks Nick, for  being a swell guy!

                                ----------
Mr. Oberst and his written word have the unique ability to captivate I enjoy his activism.  I am happy to witness proper representation of a sane mind who has had enough of what he sees before him.  It is nothing short of brilliant...

I often joke with my darling husband that if given the chance I would run away with my beloved singer/songwriter...
 but this is simply not the real case.  I have my very own singer/songwriter that I love deeply right here in my very own life...


 So...

Songs played were all fantastic, some old and some new.  They opened with Matts wish song and closed with mine, both NEW songs, and a perfect balance. 

In fact, now that I pause... they closed round one with my favorite and the encore with my other favorite.  Yes, it was a wonderful night indeed.

The Ladder Song

No one knows where the ladder goes.
You're gonna lose what you love the most.
You're not alone in anything.
You're not unique in dying.
Feel estranged every now and then.
Fall asleep reading science fiction.
I wanna fly in your silver ship.
Let Jesus hang and Buddha sit.

It's on now.
The days are long now.
The ups and the sun downs, in a twisted mind.
If I got to go first.
I'll do it on my terms.
I'm tired of traitors, always changing sides.
They were friends of mine.
Don't hang around once the promise breaks.
You'll be there when the next one's made.

Kiss the feet of a charlatan.
Some imagine freedom.

All the rest is predictable.
You can say you're the first to know.
Bought a mantra to concentrate.
Car alarm or hissing snake.

I know now. How its going to turn now.
You gotta calm down, or Ill lose my place.
Gotta get to the center.
Gotta get to the concert.
Run off with a dancer.
Gonna celebrate.
Welcome the new age.
Covered in warrior paint

Lights from the jungle to the sky.
See now a star's born.
Looks just like a blood orange.
Don't it just make ya want to cry?

Precious friend of mine.
Well I know when its finally done.
This whole life is a hallucination.
You're not alone in anything.
You're not alone in trying to be.


 One for you, One for me
 
One for the righteous, one for the ruling class
One for the tyrant, one for the slaughtered lamb
One for the struggle, one for the lasting peace
One for you, and one for me

One for the Führer
, one for his child bride
One for the wedding, one for the suicide
One for the bunker, one for the broadcast booth
One for me, now one for you

How did we get so far away from us?

How did we get so far away?

One for the people, one for the parliament

One for the weary, one for the malcontent
One for the master, one for the protégé

One for you, and one for me

One for the bread lines, one for the billionaires

One for the missing, one for the barely there
One for the certain, one for the real confused
One for me, okay, now one for you

Now that we've come so far away from us

Now that we've come too far to say
You and me, you and me that is an awful lie
You and me, you and me that is an awful lie
 
It's I and I
It's I and I
It's I and I
It's I and I


thank you and goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...