Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August is for lovers...

Mr. Witt and I are on the final countdown to our beloved children's return.  This month has had its ups and its downs and I am continually thankful for the experience.  It was lovely to have some time alone with my hubby but was excruciatingly painful at times to be so far from my littles....

This weekend was our last full Friday, Saturday, Sunday alone...all to ourselves.  I think despite the lack of 'making plans' we used it to its fullest.

Beginning with... 

because burgers are not, but farms are for lovers...
 ...burger night at bread and butter farm in our very own home town.  I had been looking forward to enjoying the festivities provided by the fine folks of this farm for a while...I will be even more excited to share it with our youngsters...

This is a groovy kind of place...












 That knows how to throw a Friday evening  
shin dig...







 Amongst the most enchanting Vermont views...













 The live music was delightful and the artists kind and engaging.

Here is a picture of me doing the unthinkable... on the smartphone playing a game... 

WHaaaaaaT?




















Super uncool yo!  
 Listen, when my nine year old asks me to engage in a friendly game of Words With Friends, and this nine year old is 3000 miles away, and the two of us are missing each other, and he needs a connection with his mama... well, frankly, I don't care if I were dining with the Queen of England... I will shamelessly tap tap tap on that phone and be quite happy to do so... so there Mr. Witt...

Here are a few pics of Mr. Witt and I having fun on a beautiful farm post silly smartphone game...











Sadly, this Witt family does not partake in the eating of burgers...though, if I were going to, this would definitely be the place for it!!  After we enjoyed the most lovely vibe of this fine event, we headed to get some veggie pizza to enjoy while doing our very favorite Shelbure thing...


Dinner and sunset at the lake and this time over a game of Scrabble!  
Because Scrabble is for lovers too.

weekend to be con't...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...