Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Boston Whaler...

I still can't believe we are fortunate enough to live by such a beautiful lake, it is almost surreal when I catch a glimpse of it in the morning hours on my way into town...


Our good fortune does not end there... turns out, people who live by a lake tend to get boats to further expand their relationship with the great body of water set before them.  Now, we do not have a boat as of yet but our dear friends do and they were nice enough to take us out for a spin over this beautiful holiday weekend!
                                                                                                             

Decorated with banners and flags, this cruiser was ready to make its summer debut on Lake Champlain.  
                           
The boys
The Lemonade

The Mr. and I
I am not a swimmer.  I spend most of my time at the beach trying to keep the sand off of me and most of my time on a boat trying not to get wet.  It is pretty comical if you ask me and I gladly laugh at myself for it... but the Mr. and the kids love to swim and get super wet and I am perfectly content to be the spectator!





This is where I would be panicking!  Way to cold for my liking... But they love it!












This is where I regret the moment I decided it might be a good idea to get in... It must be my prissy up bringing with 90 degree pools all summer long!
 Gabrielle dove into that frigid water as well, I was happy to see her swimming skills are still strong after a long hiatus.  She also did a little steering for us as well... I am not sure if she knew the boat was anchored, but that's okay!


So... one of my favorite movies is Captain Ron.  It never fails to make me laugh especially when I watch it with my dad.  So when I was getting ready for this little adventure I heard some shenanigans going on out my window...  to my amazement Captain Ron himself was blasting calypso music while stringing a banner to our water ride!!  I rubbed my eyes in disbelief... 


Turns out, it was Mr. Taylor...  
 
You guys are great hosts and we thank you genuinely for a lovely time!  We can't wait to do it again!


1 comment:

  1. Yes - buy a boat. The two greatest days in your life will be when you buy your first boat, and then when you sell it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...