Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Birthday....


I will begin by saying that I am not a very patriotic person. (sorry mom).  I detest politics, question authority, and often feel uninspired by the lack of change that is often promised in this country....

This leaves me feeling a bit conflicted when celebrating the nations birthday on the 4th of July.

What to do...

practice gratitude...

This life just keeps giving and I could count its blessings for days... but these are the few things that gave me a smile over this holiday weekend.

I am grateful for the freedom to move about and explore this country; to discover all of its hidden beauties, especially the one called Vermont.





I am so blessed to have this man to share my life with...

like seriously blessed.  I love you darling. 






...and to have these little chickens call me mom.  They have been on their very best behavior these days and I am enjoying their company oh so much!






I was also super stoked for the welcomed visit of two very special guests.  We had a great time with Kylee and Kris, thanks for making the trip to our village!  


More on our Shelburne Farm adventures to come...









Moving to Vermont, in part, was about simplifying life.  Getting back to basics.  Searching for the roots of the American people.  So these handmade dresses were a perfect fit when celebrating the birth of a nation, one that stood for starting over and hand making a new life.  Terrific job Bri... 
Love this!

So aside from however I feel about this country its choices, it definitely serves as the most beautiful backdrop for a pretty fantastic life.  I am truly grateful for that!

It also has a funny obsession with pyrotechnics.... and I can appreciate that too!  


~ Happy Birthday America ~

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...