Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Simple Joys...



This little bundle of sweetness is a mere two dollars and fifty cents at our local village market here in Shelburne.  It is my favorite item to purchase with my weekly pocket money!  Hand picked and different each week, it is the highlight of my shopping trip.  I only use this particular market for three specific things.... delicious, yet inexpensive wine.  the perfect sesame cracker.  and these floral goodies.  They last a week and dress up my living room rather nicely.  I find the colors refreshing against the cold white wintry view out my window.





It looks to me that it is time to turn this guy around.  I love how the leaves reach for the sun from the window to its right and I often skooch him the opposite way for some leafy exercise.  I am not a green thumb.  However, this particular plant has stuck it out with me for quite some time.  We have seen others come and go, poor dears, but this guy could live through an apocalypse, I am sure of it!  A bit of hydration once a month and a view out the window seems to be all he requires.  He has a nice glass bottle and a few yoga books to keep him company...


   

This is one of my favorite spots in our home.  Quite cozy and sweet.  This simple tray holds my weekly floral arrangement, my favorite smelling candle, our oh so useful remote, and an occasional card from a friend. My family often turns it, skooches it , places foreign objects on it... but I like it in its original organic state; slightly askew, at the far right corner of the ottoman, with these few simple items placed ever so carefully.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...