Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Silo Sessions...

When I used to spend a lot of the summer back east for a few years, I would dream about the day we lived here... where I could walk in the woods everyday, go to concerts all summer long, ride my bike, lay in the grass and play in the snow... I never considered that my real life chores would not stay in Arizona and let me move to vacation land all by myself!

The fact is...

laundry followed
grocery shopping followed
a dirty house followed
homework followed
dinner making followed
the dog came 
the kids came
the work came.

I don't mind the work.  It is living. 

However...

Sometimes you have to go to the concert and leave the paint cans, flooring project, proper bedtime, math flashcards, dirty bathtub behind and do what is right.

So we had the pleasure of arriving to a farm dinner...


to eat with these fine folks...

and then hit the farm bakery for an intmate night of music... check out that awesome apron hanging up!!  I wonder who makes those??

and last but not least, the man of the hour, Mister Chris Dorman.  Delightful storyteller, singer songwriter, kind friend...

He put these silo sessions on all winter.  You can read about them HERE.  Sadly they are over for the winter but will pick back up when the summer air starts to chill.  They are oh so special so I recommend you join in!  For now, summer time is around the corner and Burger Night starts again!  Hope to see all you beautiful people there!!

PS: We traded with Chris and Corie, our couch for some kale!  And now we have our very own CSA card!  Their kale and other amazing products are fantastic so if you are in the area I suggest you join, you won't be sorry!  The info on that is HERE!

And if you don't live here but are dying to buy some beautiful kale I totally accept donations ;-)




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Sometimes play must come before work:D It's my way of justifying I will be more productive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...