Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 30, 2012

Favorite winter dinner 2012


Homemade carrot ginger soup, roasted potato squares, local bread, and a side salad. 


This was made for us by some local friends and I have made this meal 20 times since! 

You can find the soup recipe HERE on my foodie board!  I substitute chicken stock with no chicken chicken stock.  And yes, there is such a thing.  I also add tons more ginger, YUM!  I garnish with fresh arugula, my fave!!

Now, this year I was let in on a little cooking secret (thank you Corie!) that I had not been privy to before!  Apparently, if you preheat your pan with some oil in the oven your potatoes WON'T STICK!!  What What!! I have successfully made oven baked potato fries at least twice a week all winter long!  Served with Annie's Organic Ketchup and super amazing black truffle salt courtesy of Chelsea Market Awesomeness and you have a winner!

So here is to a mildly cold snow(less) winter and its fantastic root vegetables!



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Bookmarked!...I will be eating this soon. And if you like, you can share this over at my blog on Wednesday:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it!! And I would love to share!! See you Wednesday ;-)

      Delete
  2. well, making this asap. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! Let me know how it comes out! It is super easy!

      Delete
  3. YUM!! I would love it if you would link this up to my blog!!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...