Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Heritage on a dish...

 
 My Grandma Linda's sticky buns.  Probably in the top 3 reasons why Christmas morning ROCKS!

This year, 2012, I am making it my #1 goal to successfully make this here recipe.  I have managed to make the three worst batches EVER in the three years I attempted.  Even with my mom there to assist they were either falling apart and NOT sticky, expanded to the point of no return, or I was scrapping them off the bottom of the oven for weeks to follow.  Might I add that the fire alarm was involved in one or more of those times... Yikes!

But for now, I am so so thankful to be on the list of recipients of these fine buns on Christmas morning!!  My Papa makes four batches a year and I GET ONE!! And not only that, he DELIVERS!  You better believe I had at least 4... maybe 5 ;-)  

Thanks Papa!

Perhaps a sticky bun tutorial on skype is in order?  What do you say?

 What is your favorite holiday treat??

2 comments:

  1. Don't give away the secret ingredient!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness gracious! That looks delicious and I wish I had one to go with my coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...