Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 21, 2011

A visit for Raw Milk...

It's Monday folks and I am so looking forward to a week of thankfulness, family visits, and some delicious Thanksgiving dining!

  Today I am so very thankful for the two-in-a-row visits with Grandpa Jay and the Lovely Sue.  As if seeing them for a long weekend in Montreal wasn't enough we get to have them here in Vermont for a Village stay!


Before moving here I knew that I wanted to have an active part in the local community and explore everything that these great people have to offer.  The main form of this being food of course.  I am in awe by the farms that surround and overjoyed at the prospects of eating Farm to Table.  When my familial guests inquired about raw milk I knew just the place to take them...


200 Leduc Farm Drive  Shelburne, VT 05482   
Upon arrival we had a peak around to see what was available...





 3 seed bread baked fresh





A welcome board....







and Ta-Da...


Vermont's finest raw produced milk.  Problem was, the container seemed slightly large for the short weekend stay.  While in debate on whether or not to purchase such an amount a kind farm hand appeared and offered a taste...


 We asked several times if he was sure that he should open this for just a small taste and he assured us that it was (another reason I heart this place).  He poured a glass for the long distance travelers who have been waiting a long time for this.  He poured himself a taste as well and they cheers(ed).  Matt and I refrained due to our attempting vegan ways....   I must say though, if I were to drink milk it would absolutely, hands down, be from this place!







After one sip they say...

We'll take it!

 I think they liked it.










Then they paid on the honor system which I love.






Then we headed to the Farmhouse for a magnificent lunch.  Matt and I shared the squash and apple sandwich and a to die for salad...














And that was just the beginning...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...