Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A handmade Christmas...

So I am very excited about a very merry INDIE Christmas this year.

This Witt family has definitely participated in some Christmas extravaganzas over the years.  Beginning with every possible plastic toy for our new baby boy, to presents stacked high with pink wrap, to a fully loaded sunshine yellow H2 hummer, by fisher price that is.

 Those times were fun, but over the top.

 Amongst all that material gain I must say, one of my favorite Christmas requests thus far was for a flower by dear Gabrielle...

Life is different now and times are changing.  And I don't want to support the corporate Christmas this year.  I am ready to Occupy Christmas.  I hope you are too.  I want to find the core to this holiday season... Family, togetherness, kindness, caring, giving, loving, being...

So, I am starting my list.  This year it looks different.


                                           Gabi - Handmade skirt by mom

                                           Noah -  DVD **homemade by mom and dad, staring Legion

These will not be the only gifts to open, there will be a few more, but they will not be purchased in super stores with terrible lighting and waxy floors.  I am excited to support ETSY folks.  Creative artists of all kinds sharing their passions through THIS most wonderful site.


Can I encourage you to participate in a different idea this year?  A handmade one perhaps...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...