Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lady New York...

Have I mentioned how I adore the City of New York?

I can remember a time when that city and I were first introduced, when I was of the age of a teen.  How I loved its energy and all of its madness.  I would frequent the old bookstores that sold authors who were forbidden in a small town store.  Though I grew up in a house with a father that held Carlos Castaneda and Tom Robbins in the library I was wide eyed at the discovery of Ginsberg and Bukowski...

So, when my dad said he would be in the City for a day I found the meeting place quite fitting.  Though I was unable to revisit those old dusty bookstores, we did find ourselves a most adventurous day.

I was smitten with these images when hopping off the subway downtown....



And not long after, seeing a gentlemen line up  the most wonderful words, one by one and then over again...



Goodness               Kindness
Faithfulness            Self Control          
Patience                  Peace
Love                      Joy







We were glad to say hello and witness his art in motion.




The delightful part of being in New York, for me, is that there is art everywhere.  These birds were spotted by Miss Gabi...



















And these too...


We were also all pleasantly surprised to happen upon a few official galleries!  The kindest couple steered us away from some 'not such age appropriate' wall hangings to the most amazing performance art I have ever seen...


 I mean, someone wore this on a stage once upon a time.  How fantastic!

We saw some neon work, a treat for Sue, and some leggo art, a treat for Noah and this...


The sweetest rides I have ever seen, seriously.

More to come on the food and the play...

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great new look for the blog and it was really a great visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...