Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Shelburne Orchard Festival...

What delightful weather for a most lovely event.  Set in an orchard bordering a lake, the scene was almost surreal.  One must take a moment to breathe it in and count the blessings simply because it is far to precious to take for granted.

You know what the most exciting thing about this years festival was for me?  Seeing folks we knew, right there when we were walking in!  These families have been so welcoming since meeting them last winter...l.o.v.e.





and the next best thing, well the food of course... and we had a lot of it!


Beginning with the most delicious vegetable pizza, wood fired to perfection.  And the veggie salad from Shelburne Farms...oh so good!

Now let's get down to business.  I didn't lay awake half the night dreaming of a salad.  Oh no.  The inability to slumber was directly caused by these guys and their promised goodness...


Cider Donuts.

Too die for.  Delicious. My favorite.

And can you believe they were just letting their secret to these beauties sit right out there in the open.  for all to see. for anyone to just copy and replicate??  crazy if you ask me!

But if they were going to just let it hang there then I was surely going to take a picture.  Next, buy one and rule the world....


Surprisingly there was still so much more to feast upon.  I wanted to enjoy all the labor of love that Vermonters put into their delectable eats.  I am still regretting not buying the peanut butter balls of goodness as a second desert.  But, as the kids chose homemade ice cream I chose the obvious...



Yes, I chose corn.  Because I love it so.  Because I could eat it for desert everyday.   
goodness, I do love corn.



This is a shot of me explaining to the corn folk how much I really do love CORN.  They assured me I was in for a treat then...and they were right, some of the sweetest corn I have had all year.




I could not blame the kids in their choice of second desert however, doesn't it look divine?



Who is this kid ordering coffee flav.... when did he become a man??  sheesh!



To burn off some of that sugar we indulged in some good old fashioned tree swinging.... a highlight for sure.  **and matt was the cool dad who pushed Noah clear up to the tree across the way....




Gabi's ride was a touch tamer...





 So this Witt family had a blast at this years event at the local orchard. We have a deep appreciation for the landscape that we have chosen for our life.  We love the people, the food, the games, and the amazingly fresh air. 







 ...if you look closely you will notice that the blue in the back ground is the lake.  it is simply breath taking....













 and lastly, what would an Orchard Festival be without a bit of apple picking...


 I am already counting down til next year...

1 comment:

  1. It would seem that the compulsion to move somewhere else every five years is disappearing from our lives!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...