Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Arizona...


This is slightly belated, I know.  The rude month of February is currently ruining my life with its oscillating temps and snowless(ness)... But I have decided not to let this Birthday pass without candles and cake... for turning 100 is kind of a big deal!

Arizona and I have had a love hate relationship for as long as I can remember...

The blinding sun piercing my eyeballs every.single.day.  

The awful burns from the scorching seat belt buckles ruining all car rides.

The chemical burn up my nose upon each accidental inhale of chlorinated water.

Third degree sunburns and greenish blond hair.

Heat stroke.

Snakes, scorpions, and killer bees.

But even with all of this I cannot deny the place it has in my life.  I was born there, I got married there,  I had two children there, and I feel it just might be my destiny to die there... but that is yet to be determined.  I have learned to love it for all that it is and all that it is not.

Sometimes a little Vitamin D feels good on the brain.

I have tons of wonderful childhood memories there.  Most of them include the pool.

Living next to California has its advantages.

The sunsets are to die for.

The food is seriously fantastic, something I didn't realize until I left.

Most of my very favorite people have lived there or live their currently.

They have  luxury gyms that served as a sanctuary for me every.single.day.


So happy 100th birthday you crazy state you.  Try and stop making the national news with all your controversial laws and crazy sheriff... k?





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I so needed to read this. It put a big SMILE on my face. Thank you, Thanks you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! just stumbled upon your blog from a twitter #ff of all places. :) and this post of course caught my eye...i'm a zonie, born and raised! i absolutely love this place, but your last line made me LOL! i wish we could calm the crazy too...when it comes to politics and social issues, haha!

    new GFC follower, would love if you stopped by as well!
    kimberly
    anightowlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...