Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 4, 2011


It is that time again, the loveliest time of year.

When walking from work to my car yesterday the smell of fall almost knocked me over.  I was suddenly gasping for my breath and wiping tears from my eyes.  That particular smell, of damp leaves in cool air, well nothing compares to it.  For a lover of smells, such as myself, it is not an easy decision to make.  
 
a desert rain in late August has the aroma that is heaven scent.  
my new obsession that I desperately long for, sweet Sweet Annie 
the smell of a fire on a cold winter evening
 the first snow of the season
the smell of Christmas in the air
fresh cut grass on a breezy summer day...

all glorious earthly smells...

I adore each one.

But fall takes the cake.  Fall is my absolute favorite.  Fall wraps me in a blanket of brilliant colors and reminds me to count my blessings.

What will I do to enjoy the wonder of this season?  

Go pumpkin picking
eat a warm cider doughnut, or two
go to the old cemetery and make rubbings of the grave stones, for halloween
make homemade carmel apples
eat a lot of chili
make an apple crisp
hike to silver lake as pictured above...

What will you do to enjoy the Fall weather?

Also, fall is great in Vermont because it attracts loved ones...  Today, two special people are flying all the way from England to have a visit!  It has been a year since we last saw them here... This time we are trading country time for city time, can't wait to post the pics!  But these were the amazing images we captured last year...
 
 
 
 
Jay and Sue 
Vermont 2010




The path to Silver Lake

It is a must see.











My favorite picture of me and old man Legion... Another thing I love about fall, legion will let you spoon him on the couch, which I did all yesterday evening.





And lastly, I could not resist this one...




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...