Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shelburne Farms Festival!

This weekend we ventured here....


By way of these...


To pay homage to this ...


What I wouldn't give for a obnoxiously large mantle and this very banner hanging over it, only to remind me everyday of my love for corn.  Silly I know, but it just is and always will be.  

Check out this fantastic fire pit they were roasting the corn over!  



 And it was only a dollar and I should have bought two!  Did you know that, over the summer, we went to an amusement park (where I discovered how much a loathe an amusement park) and I paid EIGHT dollars for an ear of corn and a small bottle of water?  EIGHT.  and it was all I found there that I could stomach.  
The whole day!


 But this corn was a buck.  We all had one.  It was scrumptious.   And if they had asked I would have paid eight dollars for this taste of cob... hold the butter and the salt, for its natural state right off the fire can not be topped. period.
 These next few photos presents a sequence of events that proves I am still a timid country bumpkin.  The city in this girl is still predominate.  I cannot tolerate bugs, the rain makes me frazzled, and as it seems; working with plants flat out stumps me...




 trying to look like I have an inkling of what is going on around me.... yes, okay, I can do this...




 ...then, after mere moments, I admit defeat and look to my Mr. for a life preserver... I am drowning in failure in enchanted land...help.
Good thing Matt is familiar in all things awesome...


 and created a crown for our young lass...


I suppose I have some work to do in the areas of awesomeness. 

After corn munching, crown crafting, Scottish music listening, necklace making, maple cotton candy gawking, and BEFORE leaving... we had to check out a bale maze.






  Fortunately we had a couple of very sly foxes to lead the way. 







and after it was over we took in the view.  and expressed gratitude. because it was lovely.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...